THE MAKE-UP FURNITURE
For Sephora in 2014
- Following the LIFE program carried out throughout LVMH, Sephora decided to tackle the environmental issues in the design of its products to implement an eco-design approach.
- As a first project, the Merchandizing department got involved in a re-design process for the Make-up furniture, a flagship fixture of the brand, with the main objective of reducing its environmental impact. For this mission, Sephora called upon Mu.
- Study the environmental impacts linked to the Make-up furniture.
- Offer eco-design approaches, from the very early design phases down to the choice of materials.
- Guide the suppliers in the development stages.
- Assess the environmental improvements brought by the actions implemented.
- The eco-design approach has allowed Sephora to make the furniture’s steel structure 30% lighter.
- Through this project, Sephora won the R Awards 2015 prize for eco-design enterprise, awarded by the Génération Responsable association.
p style=”text-align: center;”>« Thanks to the joint reactivities of the Coopérative Mu and our merchandising department, we were able to quickly diagnose the impact of our Make-Up furniture. »
Gerald Townsend _ Environmental Manager for Sephora