SUPPORT TO THE ECO-DESIGN OF A LIGHT GAME
For Kutì Kutì in 2019
- Children and adults are surrounded by electronic objects but they don’t really know how these objects work. Kutì Kutì is born from this wish of helping children and adults to discover the objects which surround them, encouraging everybody to create by using the DIY method.
- Understand and categorize the environmental issues connected to BATì and definition of the plan of actions for the eco-design.
- Support Kutì Kutì to develop an eco-designed version of BATì, identifying the best materials in term of environmental considerations.
- Supervise the industrialization of BATì ensuring the environmental relevance of the choices made during development and, if necessary, propose alternatives.
- Establish a review of the environmental improvements achieved in the eco-design process.
- Raise awareness and share the lessons learned by the project to the general public.
- Firmly believing that the environmental issue is a fundamental aspect to take into account to develop a new range of products, Kutì Kutì asked Mu to support its team for the eco-design of BATì, a light game to build and personalize by your own.
- December 2019: a successful launch of the first series thanks to a crowdfunding campaign. https://fr.ulule.com/bati_lampeaconstruire/
- A new modular BATì (modular electronics), easy to repair (all parts are detachable by hand or with standard tools) and recyclable, all assembled by hand in Paris.
- The sharing of components, such as the USB cable serving as charger, switch and handle, helps to limit environmental impacts while increasing the service provided by BATÌ.
- A medium and long-term action plan to further reduce the environmental impacts of future creations, in particular through offering support to users in order to reduce the impacts during the use phase.
To find out more, www.kutikuti.fr
“Including eco-design in our approach has allowed us to align our entrepreneurial project with our personal convictions. It has also changed our work processes more broadly at Kutì Kutì, so it’s a long-term benefit!”
Anna Aflalo and Pauline Arnaud_fouders of Kutì Kutì