AGRICULTURAL PLASTICS RECYCLING
For RecyOuest in 2014
- Each year, 8 000 tons of HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) nets are used by the farming industry. If the collection becomes more structured, there are no available recycling solutions in France.
- Considering this assessment, RecyOuest therefore aims at recycling this waste.
- RecyOuest has developed the patented recycling process that allows for HDPE valorization. The process as imagined must allow the production of HDPE conglomerates.
- RecyOuest wished to take this development further by integrating the environment further up-stream.
- Study the potential environmental advantage of recycling HDPE nets and check for any pollution transfer.
- Offer eco-design solutions to enhance the environmental performance of the sector, and guide RecyOuest in implementing these solutions.
- On the long run, developing a new material to valorize this by-product.
- The environmental advantages of the project have been proven.
- A plan of eco-design actions has been defined to guide the development of the recycling process.
« Thanks to the Coopérative Mu, we were able to assess the impacts of our recycling process and to improve it in full knowledge of these. »
Marcela Moisson _ RecyOuest Founder
SEE ALSO ...