THE GOBI WATER-BOTTLE
For Gobilab in 2010
- In 2010 Gobilab noted that the need for hydration in the office and on the go, was primarily fulfilled through disposable products (plastic cups, cans, and bottles).
- Gobilab therefore started up with the aim of finding an eco-designed alternative solution while guaranteeing optimal sanitary security for the user.
- The Gobi had to be aesthetic, reusable, customizable, made in France, eco-designed, and sanitary-risk free all at the same time.
- Mu was approached to include the environmental aspect at the earlier stages, during the research and development process, so as to guarantee optimal environmental and sanitary results.
- Identify the environmental and sanitary issues in the product in a precautionary way.
- Offer innovative eco-design solutions.
- Guide Gobilab all the way through the development to the commercialization: helping to arbitrate between various technical solutions and ways of limiting the environmental impact.
- Assess the improvements made.
- Gobilab was a laureate of the Avnir competition in 2012, 1st French eco-design competition on a national level.
- Gobi was issued to the 37,000 participants in the Cop 21 in 2015.
- Up to this day, over 800 companies have adopted Gobi.
- The Gobilab feedback video, directed by the Ademe, is available on the headband above.
« The eco-design work on the Gobi was significant and it allowed us to tackle in an enlightened way the environmental impact of the decisions we make. This was a true source of economic savings for us and a crucial reflection on «less is more» ! »
Samuel Degrémont _ Gobilab Co-Founder